Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Filesharing? Soul-baring?

People are strange.

Just finished reading a big ol' stack of eMails that I found on isoHunt regarding a band (/design company/author/I don't know what) and their struggle against piracy.

I didn't know you could sort out legal issues with the same sort of argument-style and strategy as you use on an online in-game-chat fight.

My conclusions are as follows.

1. Neither side were very nice to each-other.
2. The presentation of material was inevitably geared towards the torrent index website man's side, because he was the one doing all the stockpiling.
3. Restating the same thing only louder doesn't help win an argument.
4. Neither does blocking a person's email.
5. Rational argument is often met by point 3.
6. I'm sure not all alternative lifestyle people are vampire people, and I'm sure not all vampire people are as weird as the guy who wrote "Allure of the Vampire: Our Sexual Attraction to the Undead."
7. I am no better than anyone else who laughs at someone for being different, or a little more different than most different people. (See point 6.)

People are strange.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger






















ArtistAlbum
Why?Alopecia
DoshWolves and Wishes
Whitley(self-titled EP)
Claire BlowditchBetween the Tea and Toast

Oh, me?

My photo
Floating, in the air.
I am flicking rubber bands in the face of adversity, mental illness and 3rd-world debt. I carry a gun that fires hugs, so don't be stepping unless you want some warm fuzzy.